Wednesday 21 August 2013

At last!

 I decided, rather than one or two other things, which I should have been doing, I would make the lining for this bag, which has been hanging around a while.

So, I did it, more or less on auto- pilot, and made the lining, zip pocket one side, slip pocket the other side,  boxed the bottom, no problem, put together the outer, attached handles, sewed lining and bag together, turn through, topstitch, and press.

Ok, so let me take a few photos.


On the Left, the applique side,  






 On the Right, the pieced side,













 That zip went in so neatly...
 Slip pockets, fine,














Just pressing, and open zip, to take a photo.....


WHAT! I only forgot to sew the pocket together after inserting that zip!





No, I know, you would never do a thing like that, and have to unpick the seam so you could make that pocket into a pocket...

but I did!

All sorted now...

And we have a little more harvest.


I almost think this courgette requires a name!
and how do you like my odd shaped cucumbers...

Almost a duck!

3 comments:

Diane-crewe said...

liking your bag.. even before the pocket was sorted out xxx

Gertie Pye said...

OOOO that lovely bag is very much like my lovely bag! Which I still need to blog about. I dislike unpicking so much I might have left the pocketless pocket :) but well done for putting it right.

I'm not sure I can think up an appropriate name for your courgette!! But well done for your little harvest :)

Sew Thrifty Fi said...

peyronies - an appropriate name perhaps?? X

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

Popular Posts